Withdrawing from Sage/Leave of Absence

Students who need to suspend their studies must request a change of status indicating the reason for the leave of absence/withdrawal in writing from their graduate program director/advisor.  Leaves of absence are granted by the appropriate graduate school dean in consultation with other administrators. Withdrawal from the College does not release students from financial obligations incurred during the period of their attendance.  Students should be aware that changing their status might affect their financial aid eligibility. A leave of absence does not necessarily stop the academic time clock (see “Time Limit for Degree Completion”).