Every student with a documented disability has the following rights:
- Equal access to courses, programs, services, jobs, activities and facilities available through the College.
- Reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids determined on a case by case basis when requested by the student.
- Appropriate confidentiality of all information pertaining to his/her disability with the choice of whom to disclose the disability to, except as required by law.
- Information reasonably available in accessible formats.
Every student with a disability has the responsibility to:
- Meet the College’s qualifications and essential technical, academic, and college standards.
- Identify themselves in a timely manner to the Director of Disabilities Services as an individual with a disability when seeking accommodation.
- Provide documentation to the Director of Disabilities Services from an appropriate professional source that verifies the nature of the disability, functional limitations, and the need for specific accommodations.
- Follow specific procedures for obtaining reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids.