Russell Sage College, through its Director of Disabilities Services, has the right to:
- Maintain the College’s academic standards.
- Request current documentation from a student completed by an appropriate professional source to verify the need for reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids.
- Discuss a student’s need for reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids with the professional source of his/her documentation with the student’s signed consent authorizing such discussion.
- Select among equally effective and appropriate accommodations, adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids in consultation with the students with disabilities.
- Deny a request for accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids if the documentation does not identify a specific disability, the documentation fails to verify the need for the requested services, or the documentation is not provided in a timely manner.
- Refuse to provide accommodations, adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids that are inappropriate or unreasonable, including any that:
- Pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others;
- Constitute a substantial change or alteration to an essential element of a course or program; or
- Pose undue financial or administrative burden on the College.