Procedures for Requesting Academic Adjustments

A student who wishes to request academic adjustments under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 should do so by writing to the Director of Disabilities Services. Russell Sage College reserves the right to require medical, psychological, neurological, or psychoeducational verification of the handicap causing the student to seek adjustments of academic conditions. Notification of any request for academic accommodations should be sent to the Director of Disabilities Services immediately. The Director will notify the faculty member(s) of the request; discuss options, if any, to meet the request; agree on the acceptable adjustments; and notify the student seeking the accommodations within 10 working days. If an agreement cannot be reached, the Dean of the College will be notified for a meeting with all parties. The Director of Disabilities Services shall file a final report of the discussion and resolutions no later than five working days after the agreement with all parties has been reached.