International students must submit all pertinent information to Russell Sage College and meet the individual admissions criteria established for that program. Applicants will complete the following steps:
- Submit high school/secondary school records (translated to English, if necessary).
- Submit official transcripts from each post-secondary institution (college, university, technical, proprietary school, etc.) previously attended. If credit has been earned at institutions outside the United States, forward the official transcripts for evaluation (and translation if necessary) to World Education Services (WES). Application materials for this service are available from World Education Services, P.O. Box 745, Old Chelsea Station, New York, NY 10013 or on the web at www.wes.org. Direction on whether WES evaluation is necessary can be secured from the Office of Admissions.
- Submit a completed Student Financial Statement (undergraduate or graduate) with other application materials. The Student Financial Statement, along with supporting bank documents, and the acceptance and enrollment deposit, are required before Russell Sage College can issue the I-20 form necessary to secure a student visa. Note: Financial assistance is not available to international students.
- If native language is not English; submit one of the following:
- Results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)— the minimum score requirements at Sage is 500 (paper) or 213 (computerized). Note: Information regarding TOEFL and TSE dates and locations are available from the Educational Testing Service, Box 899-TOEFL, Princeton, NJ 08541, and on-line at www.ets.org.
- Results from the SAT I
- A transcript from an English Language School (ELS) documenting fluency at Level 109 or above.
Nursing applicants who have completed programs outside of the United States or Canada must take the Commission on Graduate and Foreign Nursing Schools examination. Information is available from the Director, Credential Services, Commission of Graduate and Foreign Nursing Schools, 3600 Market St., Suite 400, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2651.