Russell Sage College confers degrees three times each year: in August, December and May. However, a commencement ceremony is held only in May. Students become candidates for graduation upon filing a completed Graduation Application with the filing fee and submitting it to the Office of Student Services. The application and fee are NOT transferable to subsequent semesters. The filing deadlines are:
- February 15 for May degree conferral
- June 1 for August degree conferral
- October 1 for December degree conferral
In order to participate in commencement exercises, students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- meet all degree requirements before Commencement Day, or
- be in good academic standing with an overall GPA of at least 3.0 at the time of application for graduation and lack no more than two courses to fulfill degree requirements, and either be enrolled in or pre-enrolled for these courses at the time of Commencement, or
- be in good academic standing with an overall GPA of at least 3.0 at the time of application for graduation and lack only the completion of final internships, externships, clinical (and/or course(s) associated with the experiential requirement), student teaching or practica and either be enrolled in or pre-enrolled for these courses at the time of Commencement.
Students meeting criteria 2 or 3 will be allowed to participate in Commencement exercises, but are not eligible for degree conferral. Students who meet criteria 2 or 3 and wish to participate in Commencement exercises must file for graduation by the deadlines noted above.