Change of Final Grade

Final grades recorded by the faculty are permanent and remain so with the exception of “I” (Incomplete) or “RP” (Research in Progress). The grade of “incomplete” at the end of any term must be removed before the end of that term the following year, unless an extension has been granted.

Except for mathematical errors, the Registrar may alter final grades only after the Graduate School Dean has granted approval. The instructor must initiate corrections by submitting a grade change form with the explanation for the change of grade to the Dean of the appropriate School.

A student who believes he/she has been penalized unjustly in the final grade received should follow the appeals procedure outlined in the Academics Standards section.