Each individual record will include the names of those persons not employed by the College who request or obtain access to a student record. The legitimate interest of the person making the request will also be recorded. The College permits third parties to gain access to students’ records when requests come from:
- a person designated by the student with the student’s written consent;
- an accrediting agency doing a college evaluation;
- certain federal or state agencies;
- officials of other schools in which a student seeks acceptance or intends to enroll when the student requests that the information be released; or
- other faculty members, administrators, or staff members who either seek access for a legitimate educational reason or who are required to handle the records as part of their official duties at the College.
Student records, except for the permanent transcript and certification of completion required for state licensure in some academic programs, are kept for a period of six years from the date of graduation or last attendance. The permanent transcript is maintained “forever” in the Office of the Registrar. The certification of completion, if required for licensure, is maintained in the academic program office.